Saturday, January 12, 2013

Intangible successes
Sometime, somewhere, someone once proclaimed, I never said it was going to be easy, I said it would be worth it. and so it has been with the struggles I’ve experienced
with weight loss, keeping unwanted pounds off and maintaining a healthy life style. It hasn’t been easy; dear lord it hasn’t been easy but I must say, it has been worth it. Once
the pounds have been shed, a whole new world view dramatically opens up in so many ways. One of my first experiences with a new found world view, post weight loss was clothes shopping. For years I sought a simple, cute denim jean jacket to wear on those cool summer evenings when a sweater just didn’t make the grade. Being a robust 250 pound girl, it was difficult to find such a jacket. Once I had lost the 93 pounds, new worlds of shopping opportunities opened up to me. I was shopping for the jacket, rifling through racks of what I thought were sizes I should be looking at when a sales lady approached
me and said, “You shouldn’t be looking here, you want the other side of the store, dear.” Now in days gone by, I probably would have been slightly insulted by a salesperson
who was attempting to herd me to the plus size section of the store - the other side of the store. But now, the salesperson was sending me from the plus side of the store
to the under size 18 side of the store - hallowed ground I had heretofore never ventured.
I was never more happy in my life; I was shopping on the other side of the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment


93 lbs later

Before my 93 lb weight loss

Before my 93 lb weight loss
Before